Sunday, June 3, 2012

Weekend Wrapup

It has been a full weekend with the opening of Tainted Love and our second showing this afternoon.  Our first show was reviewd by Citybeat,,which there is a link to the review: http://www.citybeat.com/cincinnati/article-25571-tainted_love_a_zombie_human_love_story.html

From the talk I have been hearing about the show, people generally like it.  I am glad because I knew it was a leap to write a play about Zombies.  Zombies are a hot topic right now and I knew there would be interest, but translating Zombies to the stage was an interesting challenge.  I think the cast we assembled is more than up to the challenge.  Mitch Polonksy as our Zombie Justin Bieber is a case in point.  At every performance, I am seeing him deepen that role in ways that are more comedic and interesting to look at.

I just came off our second performance and think things are progressing nicely.  This is somewhat surprising because they have been performing and seeing shows over the weekend (not to mention Fringe Prom on Saturday night), so you would think they would have been exhausted.  However, they are a bunch of troopers who pulled off a good showing this afternoon.  I am proud of them!

Tainted Love has its third showing tomorrow night at 8:15 pm.  If you have not a chance to see this show, by all means try to make it.  It is something that you should not miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment