Saturday, June 9, 2012

Pick of the Fringe

Since it is only about three minutes til the curtain of our last performance of Tainted Love, I thought I would discuss what I think may happen for Pick of the Fringe.  Since there are now so many Picks of the Fringe, I will abstain from talking about the Artist Pick (that is anyone's guess).  Here are my best guesses as to what is going to happen for the other Pick of the Fringes:

Audience's Pick--Probably it will go to Don't Cross the Streams.  They did incredibly well with all of their shows being sold out.  There might also be a few other contenders, but I am pretty certain they will get it.

Critic's Pick--Toss up between Grim and Fischer and Bombus and Berrylinne.  Both were great shows and I believe were generally well-received by the critics.

Producer's Pick--This is anyone's guess.  There are several fine shows which could fit within this category, so it is anyone's guess. Sometimes the Producer's Pick chooses a dark horse winner, so it is really hard.  Bombus might also be up for this pick.  I have also heard good enough things about Methtacular! and Radio Star (both of which I did not get a chance to see) that they might also be in the running.  I would also add to the lineup The Screw You Revue, which I saw and thought was very funny.

Artists's Pick--I have no idea.  Won't even hazard a guess.

Full Frontal Pick--Grim and Fischer.  With only three performances, it is possible that the full frontal people were the only ones to see it in the numbers needed to vote it as their pick.

We will see what happens tonight at around 11 or so to see how right I was.

Take care. It has been a pleasure sharing with you all my journey through the Fringe with you!

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment