Friday, June 8, 2012

Thursday's Performance

I have gotten behind with this blog on account of starting up Summer courses where I teach, so I hope the readers of this blog will indulge me with trying to get caught up here before another round of job commitments hit.

I must admit that this blog has been a lot more fun to write than I thought it would be.  I am always of the opinion that you should live your live and not necessarily write about it in nauseating detail.  What you end up getting is what I like to call a diarrhea writing.  It spews forth without much reflection.  With this blog, I have hoped to be somewhat reflective in what I have put up.  If anything, it will be a good record of this time during the Fringe.

As for last night's performance, the theater was packed and the audience was really receptive.  That was great because I had a friend video record the show.  I am not certain how this video recording will come out, owing to the fact that Steve spends time on the floor.  However, even an incomplete video recording is better than nothing and I would like to have some archival footage from this performance.  In terms of the cast, they did a very nice job with the performance.  I still think Monday night's performance was probably their best so far, but they have grown into their roles and have found their rhythm.  I am always interested to see what Chris and Derek come up with during this cell phone call to Marie scene where Derek is waiting to see if his call goes through.  Every night they say something different and I always enjoy seeing what they come up with during that pause as Derek tries to complete his call.

Thursday night's performance will be the last one that I will be seeing, so for me it was very bittersweet.  I have so greatly enjoyed working with this cast and crew.  They are a great group of actors.

No comments:

Post a Comment