Friday, June 8, 2012

Theatrical Orgasm in the Third Row

The provocative title of this posting pretty much sums up my feelings for Monday's performance.  Based on what my actors were doing in rehearsal, I knew they could get the mix of energy and pacing for this play and things came together beautifully during this performance.  I realized they were going to going there midway through the Steve's (Chris Dooley) opening monologue.  I wanted to shout out YES!YES!YES!
(repeated as many times as needed) because all the elements came together in a way that I knew they could.  However, that would spoil the show and so I sat enjoying the experience.

I do not think I have ever enjoyed watching a show of mine performed.  I wrote the bloody thing, but I still like to laugh at the funny bits.  There is always something news to discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment